Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year Cleanse Day 1

I won't go into why I haven't updated this. There are lots of reasons, but none really notable aside from my applying and getting into graduate school last year, not to mention moving like 3 times. However, about 2 weeks ago Chris and I were talking about the holidays, wanting to shed a couple of pounds and the unlikelihood of that happening given my family's near fetishistic attachment to butter and cream.

A couple of days after this discussion I received the January issue of Bon Appetit, and the previewed their Food Lover's Cleanse for 2015. I have always struggled with dieting/cleanses/eating light. I find that recipes that spring from those ideas tend to be tasteless at best and disgusting at worst. So I was intrigued to find a cleanse that made taste a real priority.

After reviewing the Food Lover's Cleanse recipes for 2014 and 2015 recipes I decided to start with 2014, given that 2015 is kind of beet-centric, and Chris really doesn't like beets. I won't reprint the recipes here, rather I'll just give links to the originals and discuss my initial impressions.

So let the games begin.

No comments: