Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Revival!

Chris and I have decided to start a 30 day Juice fast. Since I've finally settled into my new job's schedule, and work from home now which definitely makes blogging easier, it seemed like a good time to revive my food blog. My makeup blog will follow shortly.

So! Today is day one, and I'm feeling pretty alright. Although I did an hour of kickboxing this morning and I think that's going to have to stop for a while. I'm feeling a little light headed and a little headache-y which I'm hoping will go away when I have a protein shake (water, whey protein, strawberries and banana) on my lunch break. I'm also cold. Which is not surprising considering it's chilly and my metabolism is probably freaking out a little.

Juice today was the original Mean Green Juice
6 Kale Leaves
1 handful of spinach (added not from original recipe)
1 Cucumber
4 Celery Stalks
2 Green Apples
1/2 Lemon
1 piece of ginger

It definitely tastes leafy, but good, I'm going to increase the ginger next time since we used a piece about as big as my thumb for a doubled version of this recipe. I think doubling that amount of ginger would be perfect. Chris and I decided that we wanted some plant matter in rather than just juice. So we actually blended the spinach and the leaves from the kale (we juiced the stalks). 


No comments: